This time last year, my thoughts were mainly concerned with DELTA. A few months down the line I would be sitting the module one exam. So strange is it might sound, here I am again, thinking about the same thing one year down the line. This time however, a colleague of mine, Giovanni @GioLic1976 and I have the task of delivering two seminars to this year’s module one candidates.
A brilliant idea came to us the other. Why not involve our PLN in the planning of the seminar? Since we’re tapping the wealth of the experience and ideas around us, we thought we could also share our project on this blog so our research serves as a resource for anyone to access during their preparation for the exam.
My research questions have been as follows:
- What sort of exam techniques are there to boost and maximise marks in the exam?
- What are the dos and especially the don’ts of the exam.
- Revision activities that you have found helpful in preparation for the exam.
- Timing, structure, layout: how do you/did you do it?
- Activities/materials you find useful for teaching exam technique.
So far, I’ve been collating my findings on this google doc. It’s open to the web, so anyone can contribute.
Leave a comment, make a suggestion on the googledoc, tweet us, anything you can, add extra questions you think we’ve missed. We’ll include it in our seminar and add it to the collection here. We hope to build a resource that is relevant for candidates for years to come.
Thanks very much,